Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can now text our office at (850) 878-6998.
As your foot rests on the orthotic, it is gently and consistently directed into the correct position for walking, running and standing.
With a pair of orthotics, pressure points, improper rotation of the foot and painful muscle strain are all eliminated because your foot is functioning properly.
First you must be fitted for them. It’s not hard. Your doctor gives you a complete examination and determines your particular foot problem. He then makes a plaster impression of your feet held in the correct position. When the casts are finished, they are sent to an orthotic laboratory where they are used to produce your orthotics.
Here, technicians, following your doctor’s specifications, add special sponge padding, heel lifts, or built-up areas to customize an orthotic to correct your specific problem.
The lab sends them back to your doctor…and they’re ready for walking.
There’s really not an answer to this question. You see, orthotics do not cure your foot problem. They work on the same principle as glasses…a doctor may prescribe glasses for you, but they won’t cure your vision problems. Instead, orthotics simply modify the function of your foot as you continue to wear them. However, in some young patients, the early use of prescription orthotics, before the bones are fully developed, may actually correct a foot problem.
Or at least, they can ensure that the problem does not develop further. In other words, you’ll need to wear orthotics as long as you want to avoid discomfort.
Remember, your feet are the foundation for your entire body. Obtaining and consistently wearing orthotics can be the best investment you can make in your overall well-being.
- Forty Informative Foot Facts
- American Diabetes Association
- American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) Fact Sheet
- Foot Health Facts
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery (ABFAS)
- Florida Podiatric Medical Association (FPMA)
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS)
- ACFAS Foot Notes (Fall 2021 Issue)
- PHONE NUMBERS
- Appointments (850) 878-6998 ext. 110 or 111
- Billing (850) 878-6998 ext. 100
- Medical Records (850) 878-6998 ext. 105
- Fax (850) 656-9293
- After Hours Emergency (850) 567-6666
- We’re Text Friendly (850) 878-6998
- HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Closed for lunch from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM every day